Curriculam: Autumn Term
Curriculam: Spring Term
In Numeracy, we will be counting and ordering numbers from 0-10/20 depending on each individual child’s capability. We will be doing simple patterns using various activities, for example using multi-link cubes, transport carters, fruits, or cutting shapes and doing activities outside in the playground such as doing hopscotch or hopping and skipping etc.
We will also be doing simple calculations by doing 1 less and 1 more than a given number with the help of a number line. Once confident they will be doing calculations without number line. We will also be doing worksheets related to the topics. The children will also do measuring using appropriate language of measures for example long, longer, short, shorter, wide, wider, tall, taller etc. Finally, they will do 2D shapes and getting to know the properties of the shape
In literacy we will be reading different books stage 1 Or stage 2 books depending on each individual child’s capability .We will be working on their letter formation by categorizing these letters into 3 groups.
- long ladders (e.g. l, j, t)
- 1 armed robot (e.g. k, h, r, w, v etc.)
- curly caterpillar (e.g. c, e, g, o etc.)
This will help them to form and write these letters correctly. We are also going to write sentences with the help of the Bear words also focussing on basic punctuation such as finger spaces between words and full stops at the end of the sentences. We also have a book of the week from which children pick out unfamiliar words and learn their definition.
Children will take part in high quality phonic sessions every day. They will learn to use their phonic knowledge to help them to read and write by blending and segmenting the sounds to make a word for example ‘dog’. Children learn the sounds of the letter d, o and g make separately and join the sounds together to make the word ’dog’.
In Letter and Sounds we will be building up on phase 2 sounds and phase 3 sounds. They will be watching videos which will help them to improve on their sounds and their letter formation. They will also learn how to read tricky words such as into, the, go, no, to, is, it etc.
In science and nature, we will be doing different topics such as:
- Learning about or investigating different insects around the world so children are aware that there are other creatures living in this world apart from animals and human beings.
- My body, we will be learning about the importance healthy and unhealthy eating and hygiene.
- Dentist: They will learn how to keep their teeth healthy and what happens if we eat unhealthy food.
- Investigating multiple objects when placed in water to become familiar with the concept of sinking and floating. Children will also be taken for nature walk to explore and become familiar with their surroundings.
- Different things such as conkers, acorns etc. collected will be placed on the nature table for children to play with and explore during classroom hours.
In ICT we will be learning basic skills by using the mouse and keyboard. The children will go on painting programmes which will help them learn how to use the mouse and give them good control on using it. Once confident using the mouse they will be exploring different educational websites such as:
They will also be using the keyboard to write their names and later doing simple sentences on Microsoft word.