Curriculum: Autumn Term 2018
In this term, we will learn about:
- Read, write and order numbers with up to 6 digits and understand the place value of each digit; place 6-digit numbers on a number line and find numbers between; solve place-value additions and subtractions with 6-digit numbers; understand place value in decimal numbers as tenths and hundredths; multiply and divide by 10/100/1000 using a place-value grid; understand place value in decimal numbers to 2-decimal places; place decimal numbers on a line; round two-place decimal numbers to nearest tenth and whole number; say the number a tenth or a hundredth more.
- Rehearse mental addition strategies for decimals and whole numbers; use counting on as a strategy to perform mental addition of 2-place decimals to the next whole number; solve missing number sentences; use mental strategies to solve multi-step word problems; use counting up as a strategy to perform written subtraction (Frog)
- Use rules of divisibility to find if numbers are divisible by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10; identity prime numbers; revise finding factors of numbers; find squares and square roots of square numbers; finding patterns and making and testing rules; use mental multiplication and division strategies; relate mental division strategies to multiples of ten.
In this term, the children explore narrative poems, focusing in depth on the work of two poets. They learn about information retrieval, answering questions that require literal comprehension, inference, deduction and imagination. They watch and enjoy a poet reading his work. They write the ‘back story’ to a poem in narrative form and compose an autobiographical narrative poem.
This term we are concentrating on games. We will be looking at the following objectives:
- Can choose the most appropriate throw to use within a game
- Can call out for a catch in a game showing they know they are in the best place
- Can hit a ball into a space to help increase the score within a game; can dribble a ball in different directions and avoid obstacles
- Can help other members of the team to find space within the team game
- Can use a range of attacking and defending skills when playing a team game.
In this term, we will be learning about the solar system. W we will discuss the idea of the earth being spherical and what the evidences are to prove that it is spherical. We will be learning about the various planets within the solar system and how they orbit the sun. We will learn about rotation and revolution and how night and day is formed. We will discuss what heliocentric and geocentric mean.
This Ancient Egypt unit will teach your class in depth about the achievements of this ancient civilisation. They will learn about how and where the ancient Egyptians lived, what was important to the daily lives of ancient Egyptians, who Tutankhamun was and how mummies were made. The children will also learn about how Egyptian people used hieroglyphs to communicate.
This term we will be learning to use Microsoft 365 and using the different applications within that platform e.g. PowerPoint, OneNote and Teams
- Essential revision
- Names of Allah
- Angels, books messengers
- Signs of the last day
- Description of the last day
- From hell to paradise
- When in financial difficulty
- When seeing someone in distress
- Dua for fever
- When visiting a sick
- At the time of death
- Thanaa in Janazah salaah
- Dua in Janaazah salah for an adult
- Janazah dua for a boy
- Janazah dua for a girl
- When entering the graveyard
- When laying the dead into the qabar
- When filling the qabar with soil
- Dua for parents